Monday 27 August 2007

Where Does all the Time Go?

Well, I'm under a month in to this whole blogging thing and I've managed to go from daily bloggs and updates, to every other day, to now, almost a week since I last updated!

In my defence, I have been very busy, both at work and home, trying to find the time to do the actual writing (not to mention search for pictures), but having had the odd few minutes sat behind the keyboard my mind has gone blank, I my fingers unmoved.

I guess my main problem in being busy isn't the actual time to do the writing, but the time to spend being inspired bu the (Stupidity) of the media around me. Busy at work - little time to surf the web, unearthing gems on teh BBC website. Busy out at a wedding over the weekend - no time to soak up the television, or any of Trevor Mcdonuts "Tonight" programme.

So I guess the lesson here is, fore a happy fulfilled life, keep busy, stay away from the evils of media, and all is well in the world.
All a bit bleak really. Look out your window - probably not a lot happening.
It makes me think of the Bill Hicks set piece where he talks about the news telling him of all the awful things going on in the world, and he looks out of his window to see tumbleweed goining past.
I guess the media is similar to the referrees I spoke about in the previous blog. A necessary evil - a talking point - the thing that keeps us interested. So I guess the media, the thing I hate most is here to stay, and isn't going to make it into my room 101. I guess I could go off on one now about metaphors for Pandoras box and all the genie being out of the bottle, but I won't, as I might start sounding like the Guardian.
Instead, I'm off, to surf the web, to soak up the 24 hour news channels, and prepare some proper grumbles for this blog.
Alternatively, I could just go and see what my young sonWilf is up to, as the sound of toys splintering and crashing reaches my ears and he runs past me with a plastic hammer....
Ahh, they're so sweet when they're sleeping...but what's he dreaming about ?

No comments: